True to its policy of addressing the needs of wine professionals, Oenobrands launches a new, improved version of Oenotools enhanced by user suggestions.
Building on the international success of the free, award-winning application OENOTOOLS, Oenobrands has developed a new 2.0 version that integrates suggestions from users.
The first version of OENOTOOLS, launched in 2011, today counts more than 5000 users. Version 1.0 allowed winemakers to:
- calculate the required quantity of any oenological additive in powder, liquid or gas form – e.g. in order to determine the quantity of gum arabic, enzymes, tannins or any fining agent to add to a tank based on its volume
- determine the amount of sulfite to add according to the oenologist’s selected source (different concentrations or gas) so as to obtain the targeted concentration of total, free and/or active SO2
- convert into measuring units commonly used by oenologists, for example, liters into gallons or Brix into sugar concentration, etc.
- establish the conditions and flow rates for deoxygenation and decarbonization using nitrogen stripping.
To satisfy requests from its users, Oenobrands has now developed Oenotools 2.0 in collaboration with Olivier Zébic. In addition to the functions listed above, this new version allows winemakers to calculate:
- the addition of liquid CO2 or dry ice in order to cool harvested grapes
- increases in sugar or alcohol concentration
- acidity correction using acidification or deacidification
- SO2, with a new concentration for 6% solutions.
This new, improved Oenotools app has a broader range of fast, accurate calculation tools and is available in five languages: English, Spanish, French, Italian and German.
Another ADVANCED WINEMAKING SOLUTION brought to you by OENOBRANDS.